Spring is an excellent time of year to throw open the windows and tackle all those home cleaning tasks that got put aside all winter. But most people in Winnipeg don’t add furnace and duct cleaning to their spring cleaning list. Keep reading to learn why you should make duct and furnace cleaning a priority this year.
When you might need to get your ducts professionally cleaned
You don’t need to have your ducts cleaned each and every year, but there are a few situations where you might benefit from a thorough residential furnace and duct cleaning from East Side Ventilation like:
- Obstructed air flow—When air isn’t flowing evenly to all registers, you might have a blockage that needs to be cleared.
- Allergies—If you or a member of your family has allergies or suffers from asthma, then clean ducts can help limit the amount of contaminates distributed through the air.
- Flooding—A flood can result in the rapid growth of mould and mildew which can be especially harmful to those with allergies or asthma.
- Infestation—Ducts offer an ideal shelter for small rodents and insects. The problems start when an accumulation of feces or dead animals in the duct work contaminates the air you breathe.
- Just moved—If you’ve just moved into a new house it’s a good idea to have the ducts cleaned because you can’t be sure if it’s ever been done before.
- Renovations—Major renovations tend to stir up a lot of dust, which can clog your air filters and damage your HVAC system unless you opt for a full duct cleaning.
The benefits of having your ducts cleaned
There are a number of benefits to getting your ducts professionally cleaned including:
- Air quality—No one wants to think that their home might be making them sick. Keeping the ducts clean can help to protect the quality of the air inside your home and reduce the amount of air-borne contaminants, like fungus, mould and bacteria, that your family inhales.
- Cleanliness—Less dust in the air means less dusting for you. Make your house easier to keep clean by cleaning the indoor air.
- Savings—When your HVAC systems are clean they’ll operate more efficiently, which translates into reduced energy costs for you. Professional duct cleaning can help your HVAC system run smoothly and keep it in good shape for years to come.
- Selling feature—If you’re planning on selling your home in the near future, clean ducts can really appeal to potential buyers.
Call East Side Ventilation in Winnipeg today for a thorough cleaning of your HVAC system’s supply and return ducts, registers, grills, heat exchangers, heating and cooling coils, fan motors, housing and more! We’re happy to answer your questions about hydro financing or heating and air conditioning. And when you book online, you’ll get $20 off!