They don’t call it Winterpeg for nothing. We all know that winters in Winnipeg can be severe. If you think you might need residential furnace installation, replacement or repair it’s a good idea to get it ready for winter before the snow starts to fall. Keep reading to find out what you can do to make sure your home will be warm this winter.
Signs that your furnace may need repair
A malfunctioning furnace is a serious concern, especially in Winnipeg. When it stops working the freezing winter weather can rapidly lower the temperature inside your home. Here are some of the signs to look for if you suspect that you a repair or replacement:
- It’s not as hot as the thermostat says it is.
- It is very dusty inside your home and your family is being affected by the poor air quality.
- Your bills have been steadily rising, despite consistent consumption.
- Your furnace needs more and more repairs.
- Your furnace is more than 15 years old.
If any of these situations apply to you, then it may be time for a replacement. This can be a busy time of year for furnace installation companies in Winnipeg, so be sure to book an appointment soon.
Keeping your residential furnace in good repair
Prevention is always the best medicine. Here are a few tips to keep your furnace in good repair so that you don’t have to worry about paying for a last-minute winter replacement installation.
- Keep it clean—Don’t place items on top, or around it. Vacuum the areas around to get rid of dust and spider-webs.
- Change the filter—Replace the filter every 30 days or so to keep the furnace running smoothly and the air in your house clean.
- Clean the ducts—Vacuum all heating ducts in the house to remove dust and debris.
- Check the fan belt—The fan belt should be tight and free of visible cracks. If you are not sure how to check the condition of the fan belt, you can always call a professional furnace repair company in Winnipeg, like East Side Ventilation.
Manitoba owned and operated, East Side Ventilation is proud to service all of Winnipeg’s HVAC, heating and air conditioning needs. We are Manitoba’s furnace installation, replacement and repair specialists. Give us a call to make an appointment or to get a free estimate.