Many HVAC appliances and systems are meant to last for years. This means that buying a warranty could be a wise strategy. In fact, getting a warranty that covers years of use may be the best course of action. However, you may be uncertain as to whether you should purchase a lifetime service contract.
5 Points to Think about When Considering a Lifetime HVAC Warranty in Winnipeg
Whether you require air conditioning or furnace installation in Winnipeg, you need to decide whether you want to buy a lifetime warranty. Here are some points to consider before you make your choice:
- Shorter Life Span – Most HVAC systems and appliances are more efficient than they were decades ago. Unfortunately, such products are not made to last as long as they once did. They should still endure for years, but they probably will not last as long as they did prior to the 1990s. Therefore, buying a lifetime service contract could spare you from the expense of a replacement product.
- Advanced Technology – The technology used for modern systems is far more advanced than it was in decades past. More sophisticated technology is costlier than obsolete technology. This means that the HVAC products you buy today are generally going to cost more than they would have years ago. A warranty can help to defray some of the costs of servicing this more advanced technology.
- Cost-Effectiveness – If you are paying a considerable sum for an HVAC product, you need to protect that investment. Buying a warranty is similar to purchasing insurance. You would not buy a vehicle or a home without also obtaining insurance. An HVAC item is also a significant purchase. A lifetime warranty can help you get the most from your money.
- Know What Is Included – Make sure you know what is included in your service contract. Even if new replacement parts are part of the contract, you might still be required to pay for labour. You may have an option to purchase an extended labour warranty for your new product. Read all the terms and conditions very carefully, so you are not faced with any unpleasant surprises later.
- Be Aware of What Not to Do – You should also know what not to do when you buy a warranty. Taking certain actions can render such a contract invalid. If a certified contractor does not perform the installation, a warranty could become immediately invalid. Additionally, a service contract might require you to have routine servicing for your HVAC item. Since that is always a good idea anyway, your warranty might serve as a helpful reminder to schedule routine maintenance visits.
Getting a new HVAC appliance or system can be beneficial to your household. If you opt to buy a lifetime warranty along with your product, you could spare yourself much expense later. Just be certain that you understand the terms of the contract before you buy it.
Contact East Side Ventilation to get a quote. We are one of the leading air conditioning contractors in Winnipeg. Reach us at 204-667-8700, or contact us online.